Trastevere
POSTED ON Sunday, August 18, 2013 AT 4:48 PM \ leave a comment (0)
We went to Trastevere once, with my aunts and a friend of theirs and tried the pasta the other day. It was great and hence, we decided to go there again!

Trastevere is located along the busy street of 3rd Street Promenade, a shopping heaven. It's a traditional Italian restaurant with a patio overlooking the streets. 























Once we are shown to our seats, we were served a basket of sour dough bread slices with a tub of olive oil. Sour dough is actually my favorite bread and I'm kinda upset that it wasn't warm like how I enjoy it to be. Nonetheless, I was hungry and I devoured slice after slice. Also, that reminded me of this food rule I heard once: Don't dip your bread into the olive oil. I can't really recall where have I heard it from, but I decided not to break it. Just in case I get glares or shocked expressions from the Italian waiters. 
























































Shortly after I was done spreading the olive oil onto my third slice of bread, the main course arrived! Fast, really.There you go, Spaghetti Carbonara ($16). One thing I really love about this dish is that, lo' and behold, it's not overly milky! There are some versions of carbonara that are super super watery and milky and sorry to those who love it this way, I find it really gross. Also, they don't add the parmesan cheese until the waiter serves you the plate and asks you for your preference. This is great imo, for those who don't want too much cheese on their pasta. However, because I don't really like bacon, I find the amount of bacon too much. Totally great for a bacon lover like Tom, but hey, I had around 4 or 5 tablespoons of bacon left after finishing my pasta. That kinda explains how much bacon they had in there. Generous, I say. Nonetheless, this Carbonara deserves 4/5 and probably the best Carbonara I have had so far.

Definitely a must-try when at the Third Street!